The "Elysian Fields" of Magnesia, welcomes you, soon after the Agria.
Crossing the old bridge of Vrychona, the first built with concrete in Greece (1916), perceiving how generously nature gifted this region.
Flowers, vegetables, olives, pears, green everywhere, leading to the blue sea.
Today Lehonia are essentially a suburb of Volos and many people have here not only their countryhouse but also their principal residence.
In Ano Lechonia worth seeing are the towers of Olympian and Kokosli, saved from the Turkish occupation, the old neoclassical mansions Kontos Kassiopoulou, the grocery store, and Chatzistamatiou Chatzikyriazi, old shops of Kokosli and Koutoupis, the ice factory of Demopoulos, who eventually served as a hydropower station and the old mill of Georgoudis (1900) and even the station for train of Pelion, which today is the starting point for the trip up to the Milies and the fountain of Mourogianni (1906), nearby.
See also the Cathedral of the village, St. Athanasius (1931) and the church of St. Anargiri.
The port of Ano Lehonia is Platanidia, where you can swim and eat at the taverns.
From the Ano Lechonia begins the road to the "hidden" path of Pelion, passing successively from the villages St.Vlasios, St. George, Pinakates Vizitsa and Milies, a beautiful route with spectacular views of Pagasitikos bay.
In this way, a little over Ano Lechonia, is Paliokastro a settlement with few houses, a small square and the streets that create a scene from the past.
Here the Venetians had built a castle.. During Turkish occupation, the Turks settled at this and built a small mosque that survived until 1910. In the area, also lies the trout farm, in peaceful surroundings with running water.
The "Moutzouris-the train of Pelion" made its first route from Volos to Ano Lechonia in 1885, to finish first in the station of Milies in the summer of 1903.
Every day, climbed Pelion, transporting people and goods until 1971, when it was removed.
In the spring of 1966, "Moutzouris" returned more severe with modernized machinery.
Starting from the Ano Lechonia and passes by Ano Gatzea and the settlements Ogla and Argireika to finish in Milies after 15 km.
It is an excellent way through ravines, gullies, nine bridges-eight stone and one metal, the De Chirico in honor of the Italian designer's line-and two small tunnels. An unforgettable experience and a great miss for any visitor who does not see it.
Open daily in July and August and on weekends from mid April to late June and September to late October.
FROM ANO LEHONIA 10.00 - FROM MILIES 15:00
Since the tour guide "Pelion from one end to another, Volos" magazine ENTOS.